SSE Airtricity League Wrap-Up Injury Time Winner for Bohs in Dublin Derby

Bohemian FC made it two wins out of two this season against Shamrock Rovers as they beat their Dublin rivals 2-1 in the Tallaght Stadium. Their winner came in the 98th minute thanks to a first ever goal from 18-year full back Darragh Leahy. Daniel Carr had earlier given the home side the lead with Daniel Byrne responding for Bohs.

Dundalk remain on top as they won 2-0 away to bottom side and managerless Bray Wanderers. Pat Hoban and John Mountney got their goals. Cork City are second as a goal from Graham Cummins saw them beat St. Patrick’s Athletic 1-0 in Turner’s Cross.

Derry City are the form side in the division and they made it six wins in a row with Jack Doyle getting the game’s only goal in their 1-0 win against Waterford FC in the Brandywell. Staying with Cork City and Waterford and as a result of the brawl that broke out between the two sides at the end of their game last week there were a number of bans handed out. Cork’s Steven Beattie got a four-game ban while his team-mate Garry Buckley received a three-game suspension. Waterford’s Bastien Hery will be sidelined for four games with Stanley Aborah suspended for six games. Both managers John Caulfield and Alan Reynolds were given one game touchline bans.

Sligo Rovers ended their three-game losing streak as they won 2-1 away against fellow strugglers Limerick FC in the Markets Field. Rhys McCabe and Greg Moorhouse scored their goals with Daniel Kearns scoring for Limerick. McCabe’s goal is worth seeking out as he shot home a free kick from inside his own half about sixty yards out from goal.

UCD remain atop the First Division as they came from behind to beat Finn Harps 3-2. Sam Todd and Mark Coyle scored for Harps with George Kelly hitting a hat-trick for UCD. Despite drawing 1-1 in United Park with Longford Town, Drogheda United remain second. Dean Byrne had given the visitors the lead with Ciaran Kelly equalising in the 95th minute.

Shelbourne drop to 3rd as they were beaten 2-0 in Stradbrook by Cabinteely. Conor Keely and Kieran Marty Waters with the goals for the home side. Galway United are up to 4th as they beat Wexford 4-1 in Eamon Deacy Park. Danny Furlong, Alan Murphy, Carlton Ubaezuonu and Eoin McCormack scored their goals with Aaron Dobbs on the mark for Wexford who finished with ten men. Ross Kenny was sent off midway through the second half. Murphy’s goal was a significant one as it was his 74th for the club equalling the all-time club record which he now shares with Paul McGee.

Cobh Ramblers got back to winning ways as they beat Athlone Town 4-1 in the Athlone Town Stadium. Jake Kazbia scored two with Andrew Wall and Darren Murphy getting one each. George Mukete scored for Athlone Town who also had Brian Cabraley sent off.